This tutorial will show you how to make molds out of Sculpey. I'm using buttons for my molds because I am constantly running out of my favorite buttons but you can use just about anything with texture (plants, doll faces, buttons, fabric, stamps, etc.)
- textured buttons
- clay gloss/ clear nail polish
- try to avoid buttons with holes that your clay can get stuck in. You don't want to ruin your buttons!
- you can use corn starch to lightly dust your buttons before pressing them into the clay
- DO NOT BAKE YOUR BUTTONS! Remove them from the clay before baking
- don't forget to poke holes in your buttons for threading!
When your buttons are finished baking, let them cool completely. After cooling, cover them with a thin coat of gloss and allow to dry. Now you have molds for your own buttons!
Below are some baked molds and buttons I made using the molds.