This written tutorial is for a cupcake with a square bottom. If anything is unclear, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment and I'll do my best to help you! I hope you enjoy the tutorial and your finished cupcake. Feel free to sell any cupcakes you make, but please do not sell the pattern itself or claim it as your own. Thanks.
- three colors of yarn: one for the cherry, one for your frosting, and one for your square bottom
- a crochet hook appropriate for the weight of yarn you're using (I'm using a size G hook and worsted weight yarn)
- a darning needle for weaving in the ends and sewing the cherry onto the frosting
Stitches/ Abbreviations Used (American terms):
- ch - chain
- sc - single crochet
- st/ sts - stitch/ stitches
- slst - slip stitch
- BLO - back loop only
- FL(s) - front loop(s)
- FO - finish off
- Make a cherry and the frosting as directed in this tutorial
To make the square bottom:
Do the same as you did for the liner in this tutorial, except rather than working in the BLO, you're going to work through both loops. You're also going to omit slst-ing at the end/ beginning of the rows (except for when you're slst-ing into the unworked FLs of the frosting) thus creating a square shape rather than tapering as the liner does.
FO and weave in ends, attach cherry and enjoy your cute little cupcake!